Azure Residence Apar...
Check with seller
The Church of Pentecost, like most great institutions, started in a small way. The Church’s beginnings are linked to the ministry of Pastor James McKeown (1900-1989), an Irish missionary sent by the Apostolic Church, Bradford, UK to the then Gold Coast (now Ghana) in 1937 to help a group of believers of the Apostolic Faith led by one Peter Newman Anim in a town called Asamankese. With time, a series of doctrinal differences saw the group split in 1939 and those under Pastor James McKeown, saw great expansion. On August 1, 1962, the new name, The Church of Pentecost was adopted. In the late 80s, some members of the Church of Pentecost in Ghana had become residents in the UK and were worshiping in Elim Pentecostal and other Charismatic Churches. Others were meeting in home Cells for prayers and Bible studies.
In March 1988 the group had their first fellowship meeting at Elim Pentecostal Church in Finsbury Park, London. Discussions centered on forming an association as a prelude to starting a Pentecostal Church in the U.K. This became the Pentecostal Association of UK and Eire, “PAUKE” for short. Then in ….. PAUKE became ELICOP; a partner church with the Elim Pentecostal Church in the UK. In 2008 we became a fully fledged CHURCH OF PENTECOST with charitable status.
746 Green Lane
Tel: 020 8590 5823
Fax: 020 8590 5851
746 Green Lane Dagenham, Essex RM8 1YX